Position: Software Test Engineer (Server Group)
Other people test software. We keep people safe.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to ensure the quality of our IP Video Management Software.
IndigoVision is a developer of complete, end-to-end video security solutions. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe and are looking for someone to join our team and help ensure the quality of our software products.
As the voice of the customer this role involves testing a range of server based software products and highly scalable servers. You will assess risk within individual products and across the system and determine where to focus future testing efforts. This requires a thorough and methodical approach in design, development and execution of manual tests while identifying opportunities for automation.
- Industry experience of defining, scoping and running manual tests for complex, networked systems.
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to planning through to delivery.
- Good organisational skills, and able to estimate and prioritise the test backlog.
- Proven track record of analysing test results and reporting clear defects.
- Ability to structure an increasing number of test cases and results.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active approach and keen to share knowledge.
- Experience in setting up test environments, including network setup and PC and server admin.
- Working knowledge of IP networking
- Passionate about ensuring the quality of a wide range of software products.
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative agile team.
- Some exposure or interest in any of the following:
- Networking configuration and VLANs
- Windows and Linux experience
- Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V and VirtualBox
- Test tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla
- Protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Scripting and test automation
- Video streaming technologies such as RTSP, RTP, RTCP
- Security considerations of application software and networked systems
- Storage technologies (NAS, SAN, RAID etc)
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We design and develop in collaboration and all artefacts are peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release train departs three times a year and unlike real trains we always depart on time.
We thrive on sharing knowledge, promoting best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
- Excellent and relevant first degree (e.g. First or 2:1 Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering) or experience equivalent.
- Certification in Testing (ISEB/Certified Agile Tester) desirable.
3+ year’s relevant experience
To apply, email your CV with a covering letter, detailing your current salary and notice period, to [email protected]