The Role Purpose
Develop world class products to connect a diverse range of access control and video security systems to our Control Center software suite. Help shape the direction of future features, and contribute to our innovative and dynamic culture.
In your role you will:
- Design and develop high-performance server software, dealing with video streaming, alarms and events, network communications, redundancy and more.
- Participate in all aspects of development, from feature scoping and estimation to unit testing and bug fixing.
- Help shape the direction of future features, and the overall product.
- Challenge accepted ways of working, and actively participate and contribute to process improvements.
Your success factors:
- Passion for owning, building and delivering great software for end-users.
- Contribute and thrive in the culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Deliver new features on time with agreed scope, usability and quality.
- Help refine feature requirements and generate innovative ideas.
- Work efficiently on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Develop an understanding of the business in order to be adaptable to changing requirements.
- Work closely within own team and across the Engineering department.
- Participate in and learn from peer reviews of code and other artefacts.
- Actively share your knowledge with others within and outside of the team.
Skills, experience & attributes
- Practical software engineer with industry experience developing services in C#/.NET
- Great working knowledge of OO and design patterns.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Committed to developing stable, user-friendly software.
- Active learner who keeps up to date with developments in your technical and professional areas of expertise.
- 2+ year’s commercial experience and a relevant degree
- Knowledge or interest in any of the following:
- Microsoft technologies such as WPF, WCF, .NET Core, SQL Server
- Common API technologies such as REST/HTTP, WCF, SOAP, WebSocket
- Video streaming technologies such as RTSP, WebRTC
- IP networking principles
- Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V
- Passion for programming
- Gets things done
- Customer focus
- Forward thinking