Position: Software Engineer in Test
Other people make cameras, we try to break ours!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to introduce test automation of IP video cameras.
IndigoVision is a developer of complete, end-to-end video security solutions. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe and are looking for a software engineer to join the group responsible for testing and ensuring quality of firmware in a wide range of embedded products.
The role involves identifying areas to automate, selecting the tools and technologies to use, developing automation suites and working with OEM partners to resolve any issues found. We are a highly collaborative team and look to our engineers to ensure the scalability and maintainability of automated testing software.
- Experience in introducing test automation and identifying what to automate.
- Passionate about ensuring the quality of a wide range of software products.
- Proven organisational skills, and ability to structure an increasing number of test cases and results.
- Ability to understand complex systems and translate their requirements into tests.
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative agile team.
- Some exposure or interest in any of the following:
- Network communication protocols such as SOAP, HTTP, REST, ONVIF
- Video streaming technologies such as RTSP, RTP, RTCP
- OSI layers and IPv4 networks
- Test tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla.
- Source control tools such as Mercurial or Git.
- Protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We design and develop in collaboration and all code is peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release train departs three times a year and unlike real trains we always depart on time.
We thrive on sharing knowledge, promoting best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
- Excellent and relevant first degree (e.g. First or 2:1 Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering) or experience equivalent.
- Certification in Testing (ISEB/Certified Agile Tester) desirable.
5+ year’s relevant experience
Please send a covering letter and your CV, together with details of your current salary, your salary expectations and your notice period.