Position Title: Sales Engineer
Location: USA Southeast – preferably Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma Texas based
Sales Engineer is a key position which requires a dynamic individual who is technical, knowledgeable and passionate about technology and security. Sales Engineers must be customer-focused and driven to support the customer’s success by providing solutions tailored to their needs.
- Develop and maintain complete technical knowledge on our entire product portfolio
- Provide first level technical guidance and technical training to sales team, partners, consultants, and end-user customers
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers and their technical staff to create, nurture, and respond to sales opportunities. This may include preparing quotes and proposals to be delivered directly to a customer or their technical team at approved discount levels.
- Consult with sales team, partners, consultants, and end-user customers to help them understand application of our products
- Promote and technically advise on IndigoVision’s products and services through direct customer contact within the assigned geographic territory.
- Schedule local meetings to promote IndigoVision and remove technical obstacles for sales team
- Work with Technical Support team and partners at key-end user sites to assure proper system commissioning and confirm customer expectations and requirements are met.
- Track all activities in the company’s CRM (SalesForce)
- Attend customer meetings with Sales team to support technical discussions
- Assist sales team and partners with system design, product selection, bid responses, and quotes
- Assist sales team with preparing demonstrations and presentations
- Attend trade shows and conferences to setup company displays or participate professionally in booth activities or events.
- Setup and demonstrate proof-of-concept systems at partner or end-user sites
- Deliver training to Partners and End-users (certification decisions to be made by Partner Support)
- Deliver on-boarding training for new members of the sales team
- Participate in the development of training materials
- Provide partner and end-user feedback to sales teams and Product Management team to help support product enhancements
- Provide technical leadership and support during all phases of sales cycle for opportunities
- Support regional marketing activities as required
- Previous sales engineering experience or systems and network engineering experience – ideally gained from working in an Information Technology department, Telecommunications provider, Software manufacturer, Network solutions or hardware manufacturer, a VMS (video management system) manufacturer or a Security systems integrator that specializes in enterprise converged security systems
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Preferable to have certification in any of the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) certification
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA)
- Understanding of IP video surveillance systems
- Understanding of ONVIF
- Understanding of RAID and network storage
- Understanding of platform virtualization, cloud storage, and relational databases
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration, troubleshooting techniques, and administration tools
Travel and Training
Travel to head office in Edinburgh (in the UK) and other locations for training and meetings will be required on a regular basis. In addition, the first few weeks will be spent in Edinburgh for product training.