Position Title: Sales Engineer
Sales Engineer is a key position which requires a dynamic individual who is technical, knowledgeable and passionate about technology and security. Sales Engineers must be customer-focused and driven to support the customer’s success by providing solutions tailored to their needs.
- Develop and maintain complete technical knowledge on our entire product portfolio
- Provide first level technical guidance and technical training to sales team, partners, consultants, and end-user customers
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers and their technical staff to create, nurture, and respond to sales opportunities. This may include preparing quotes and proposals to be delivered directly to a customer or their technical team at approved discount levels.
- Consult with sales team, partners, consultants, and end-user customers to help them understand application of our products
- Promote and technically advise on IndigoVision’s products and services through direct customer contact within the assigned geographic territory.
- Schedule local meetings to promote IndigoVision and remove technical obstacles for sales team
- Work with Technical Support team and partners at key-end user sites to assure proper system commissioning and confirm customer expectations and requirements are met.
- Track all activities in the company’s CRM (SalesForce)
- Attend customer meetings with Sales team to support technical discussions
- Assist sales team and partners with system design, product selection, bid responses, and quotes
- Assist sales team with preparing demonstrations and presentations
- Attend trade shows and conferences to setup company displays or participate professionally in booth activities or events.
- Setup and demonstrate proof-of-concept systems at partner or end-user sites
- Deliver training to Partners and End-users (certification decisions to be made by Partner Support)
- Deliver on-boarding training for new members of the sales team
- Participate in the development of training materials
- Provide partner and end-user feedback to sales teams and Product Management team to help support product enhancements
- Provide technical leadership and support during all phases of sales cycle for opportunities
- Support regional marketing activities as required
- Previous sales engineering experience or systems and network engineering experience – ideally gained from working in an Information Technology department, Telecommunications provider, Software manufacturer, Network solutions or hardware manufacturer, a VMS (video management system) manufacturer or a Security systems integrator that specializes in enterprise converged security systems
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts
- Preferable to have certification in any of the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) certification
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA)
- Understanding of IP video surveillance systems
- Understanding of ONVIF
- Understanding of RAID and network storage
- Understanding of platform virtualization, cloud storage, and relational databases
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration, troubleshooting techniques, and administration tools
Travel and Training
- Travel to head office in Edinburgh (in the UK) and other locations for training and meetings will be required on a regular basis. In addition, the first few weeks will be spent in Edinburgh for product training.