Qualification Test Team Lead (Embedded Firmware on Hardware)
Other people make cameras, we try to break ours!
We are currently looking for a Qualification Test Team Lead to join the Qualification team.
IndigoVision is a complete end-to-end video security solutions company. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe. Our team qualify cameras / Network Video Recorders / Encoders / anything end-to-end CCTV related. The successful candidate will report directly to the Qualification Group Leader.
The job role will be as a Qualification Test Team lead which will involve leading a small team as well as testing Firmware on the Hardware products, working closely with OEM suppliers on issues arising from test results.
- 4+ years’ technical test experience testing embedded software running on hardware platforms.
- 2+ years’ experience in a team lead role with line management responsibilities.
- Experienced in writing effective test cases and mapping them to requirements
- Experienced in writing detailed test specifications, test plans & bug reports.
- Experienced in project planning, estimation and daily running of test projects and reporting status to the group leader and stake-holders.
- Ability to communicate and work across departments with PM, Technical Support and Operations for resolving issues and delivering to schedule.
- Exposure to Transport protocols, OSI layers and IPv4 networks
- Experience in using test management tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla.
- Hands-on experience in using protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Quick learner and passionate about new test techniques including automation.
- Willingness to question and challenge rather than accept as is.
- Works well as part of a close-knit team
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- IP Networking and fundamental understanding of system architecture
- Python or Perl scripting
- CCTV system knowledge of IP Technology and fundamentals
- Some knowledge of qualification testing of electronic and mechanical products
- Thermal design understanding would be an advantage for this role
- Working to certification standards and understanding
- Communication with OEM suppliers
- Bug reporting & feedback to OEM Suppliers
About our Team
- Focussed on delivering high-quality embedded Firmware to our customers regularly
- Strive to catch bugs quickly by testing early and often and automating wherever possible
- Offer opportunities for engineers to grow and learn new technologies and skills
- Work closely with the wider IndigoVision development teams (software and firmware) to deliver an integrated security system
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK. Some travel maybe required but not regular.
Relevant First or 2:1 degree Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering) or experience equivalent
5+ years’ relevant experience