Test Engineer – Qualifications team (Embedded Firmware on Hardware)
Other people make cameras, we try to break ours!
Would you like to play a key role in the delivery of complex camera systems and have an understanding on either networking, embedded systems or IT? Then, we are keen to hear from you, we currently have vacancy for a passionate Test Engineer to join our Qualifications team to qualify our Firmware before they reach our valuable customers.
IndigoVision is a complete end-to-end video security solutions company. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe. Our team qualify cameras/network video recorders/encoders/anything end-to-end CCTV related.
At IndigoVision, we take pride in delivering highest quality and security products to our trusted customers across the world using latest cutting-edge technology and AI. We also believe in healthy working lifestyle therefore acknowledge and celebrate people who make this possible.
Our team qualify cameras/network video recorders/encoders/anything end-to-end CCTV related.
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for working closely with the OEM suppliers and development teams to ensure the timely and quality delivery of the products. This is a very hands-on role, setting up and testing the cameras.
Raising and verifying defects, writing and updating test cases and test scripts with an excellent attention to detail – all these within the framework of networking and embedded systems. You will assess risk across the whole system and determine where to focus future testing efforts.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience testing Windows/Linux based applications or embedded software running on hardware platforms
- Strong network understanding (TCP, UDP, RTSP, RTP, NTP, ONVIF etc)
- Manual testing and bug reporting
- Active learner who keeps up to date with developments in your technical and professional areas of expertise
- Works well as part of a close-knit team
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using test management tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla.
- Hands-on experience in using protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- CCTV or any similar system knowledge
- Security practices and how they apply to different components in a system
- ISEB or CCNA certification
About our Team
- Focussed on delivering high-quality embedded Firmware to our customers regularly
- Strive to catch bugs quickly by testing early and often
- Offer opportunities for engineers to grow and learn new technologies and skills
- Work closely with the wider IndigoVision development teams (software and firmware) to deliver an integrated security system
The position will be based at the IndigoVision head office located in Charles Darwin House, The Edinburgh Technopole, Edinburgh EH26 0PY.
Relevant First or 2:1 degree Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering or experience equivalent.
2+ years’ relevant experience.
Salary and Benefits
We offer Industry standard competitive Salary and Benefits packages.