Position: Integration Software Engineer
IndigoVision is a developer of complete, end-to-end video security solutions. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Integrations team developing world class products to connect a diverse range of access control and video security systems to our Control Center software suite. The role involves learning about third party security products and their APIs, then designing and implementing integration software to send and receive alarms and video between our system and the third party.
We work in a highly collaborative team, sharing ideas and reviewing each other’s code. We value self-starters with a passion for technology and building high quality software.
- Practical software engineer with industry experience developing services in C#/.NET
- Proven organisational skills, and an ability to plan and estimate tasks
- Ability to understand complex distributed systems and an interest in learning about different security products
- Passionate about software development and emerging technologies
- Understand the value of automated testing
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative agile team.
- Some exposure or interest in any of the following:
- Microsoft technologies such as WPF, WCF, .NET Core, SQL Server
- Common API technologies such as REST/HTTP, WCF,SOAP, WebSocket
- Video streaming technologies such as RTSP, WebRTC
- IP networking principles
- Virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V
- Source control tools such as Mercurial or Git.
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We design and develop in collaboration and all code is peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release train departs three times a year and unlike real trains we always depart on time.
We thrive on sharing knowledge, promoting best practices and mentoring junior engineers.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
- Excellent and relevant first degree (e.g. First or 2:1 Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering) or experience equivalent.
2+ year’s relevant experience
Please email your CV and covering letter, with details of your current salary and notice period, to [email protected]