Position Title: Hardware Qualification Engineer
Other people make cameras, we try to break ours!
We are currently looking for a Hardware Qualification Engineer to join our Hardware Qualification team.
IndigoVision is a complete end-to-end video security solutions company. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe. Our team qualify cameras / Network Video Recorders / Encoders / anything end-to-end CCTV related. The successful candidate will report directly to the Hardware Qualification Team Leader.
The job role will be to rigorously test products to traceable standards and to our proven internal test strategy, reporting any issues or weaknesses through our systems and processes. You should have skills in electronics test design to allow you to evaluate and design a robust solution that should highlight any failure during the qualification process. Some standards require external testing and will involve setting up for EMC, and Environmental test certification, to industry standards. through external test houses. There will be travel required to, and from, the external test facilities so transport will be required.
- To organise and perform hardware qualification and test activities for products using in house and external test facilities
- Produce technical documentation relating to hardware qualification testing
- Documentation process, control and design
- Electronics principles, cable wiring and test design
- Strong PC skills; MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Basic mechanical construction skills
- Individual problem solving but more importantly team work
- IP Networking fundamentals and some configuration / setup
- Flexibility in international travel will be required
- Camera image quality experience – Exposure / Shutter speed / colour reproduction
- CCTV system knowledge of IP Technology and fundamentals
- Some knowledge of qualification testing of electronic and mechanical products
- Knowledge of Cameras/Video and/or network equipment
- Thermal design understanding would be an advantage for this role
- Working to certification standards and understanding
- Communication with OEM suppliers
- Test tools such as TestLink and experience in bug reporting & feedback (Bugzilla)
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality hardware to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by setting up the correct tests.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release time frame is typically six weeks.
We thrive on answering questions and mentoring.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
HND in Electronics Engineering.
Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered
5+ years’ experience in electronic based test environment
Please send a covering letter and your CV, together with details of your current salary, your salary expectations and your notice period.