Creative Artworker (based in Edinburgh, UK)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Creative Artworker to join our Marketing team, based within our Head Office in Edinburgh. Reporting to the Marketing Manager this role requires someone who is eager to learn, with stacks of creative ideas and natural design flair, plus it would be great if you have some design experience.
Working as part of the Marketing team you will work with the team, and other departments, to deliver a variety of collateral for product launches, events and marketing campaigns. You’ll have the opportunity to work on projects across the whole creative process, from concept through to print ready artwork or digital completion. A large portion of this will also be done by using and maintaining our product databases.
This is a hands on, fast paced role, where you will not only be designing concepts, but have the ability to visualise your designs and produce print ready artwork, so you’ll need to know your stuff in Adobe Creative Suite.
- A detailed artworker for print and digital, with the ability to take projects from initial concept through to final print ready/digital files. This will include:
- Managing the creation, maintenance and translations of all product datasheets using our product databases.
- Overseeing the company brand and style guides, providing guidance on use when applicable.
- Creating product packaging for new products when necessary.
- Creating booth graphics that will be printed and installed on our booth at tradeshows.
- Taking product photography that will be used to market new and existing products. This may on occasion include company photography where applicable.
- Producing other promotional graphics and literature to support product launches and day to day activities.
- Assisting with management of the website (external and internal) when the Web Administrator is out of the office
- Liaising and build strong relationships with internal groups such as the Marketing Team, Engineering, Sales, Product Management and Partner Support.
- An ambassador for the company brand – understand it, protect it and teach others about it
- Be educated to degree level – but it’s your work and experience we are really interested in!
- Have a sound knowledge of the design process from start to finish.
- Have a natural eye for detail, including typography, colour, layout, photography and branding.
- Know your way around a PC and be fully literate in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office. Some experience in WordPress would also be of benefit.
- Have a passion for print and digital design, plus have excellent artworking skills.
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, extremely well organised, reliable and eager to learn.
- Work well under pressure, without compromising on quality, in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident and capable of communicating with people at all levels
If you’re passionate about design and want to thrive as part of an exciting team, then we’d love to hear from you. We usually get a lot of applications – so be sure to make sure yours stands out. Your application is our first impression of you, so make sure it clearly shows your design flair and is up to date.