Position: Accounts Assistant (entry Level)
Role and Responsibilities
Working in our busy Finance team the successful candidate will be expected to work diligently with limited supervision. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Paying suppliers on a fortnightly basis through BACS exports
- Processing delivery notes and invoices for purchase orders
- Obtaining authorisations from line managers for invoice payments
- Following up on invoice queries
- Processing staff expenses, both in GBP and currency
- Maintaining accurate supplier records (ie bank account information, etc)
- Filing purchase ledger paperwork
- Making credit card payments for goods ordered by other staff
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit card management and reconciliations
- Prior purchase ledger experience
- Prior experience in processing foreign currency invoices
- Good understanding of VAT for UK and EU
- Capable of working in a fast paced commercial environment
- Organised, reliable and strong character
- Able to work without supervision
- Basic finance systems experience but training will be provided
- Intermediate excel skills
- Flexibility to provide holiday cover for other finance team members. All training will be provided for this.
Full time, minimum of 37.5 hours per week with some flexibility on start/ end times around normal office hours.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in South Edinburgh, UK.
Salary and Benefits
Negotiable and depends on experience; benefits include company pension, life assurance, private health care and a flexible holiday allowance of 35 days annually.
Please send a covering letter and your CV, together with details of your current salary, your salary expectations and your notice period.