Position: Video Streaming Software Engineer
Other people write code. We keep people safe.
We are looking for a software engineer to work on cross-platform video streaming software. This is a ‘modern’ C++ role, delivering new features in an agile development environment.
IndigoVision is a developer of complete, end-to-end video security solutions. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe and are looking for a software engineer to join the team responsible developing video recording and Internet streaming server software.
The role involves developing high-performance server software targeting Windows and Linux. It also role involves designing and developing features in a variety of areas from video streaming and rendering, to CCTV business logic and network communications. We are a highly collaborative team and look to our engineers to help shape the direction of features, and in turn the product.
- Experience of C++11 or 14, or experience of C# or C++03 and eager to take advantage of new standards
- Quick learner and committed to expanding your technical knowledge
- Passionate about developing stable, user-friendly software
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative, agile team
- Some exposure to or interest in any of the following:
- Boost and STL
- Network communication protocols such as SOAP, HTTP, REST, ONVIF
- Performance and scalability of large scale, distributed systems
- Video streaming technologies (GStreamer, RTSP, RTP, RTCP)
- Secure software development practices
- HTTPS, TLS and cryptography
- Multi-threaded software
- Unit testing technologies
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We design and develop in collaboration and all code is peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release train departs three times a year and unlike real trains we always depart on time.
We thrive on answering questions and mentoring junior engineers.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
Excellent and relevant first degree (e.g. First or 2:1 Software Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing or Electronic Engineering) or experience equivalent.
3+ year’s relevant experience