Position: Senior Software Test Engineer (Desktop Applications)
Other people test software. We keep people safe.
We are looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to ensure the quality of our IP Video Management Software.
IndigoVision is a developer of complete, end-to-end video security solutions. We are trusted in over 10,000 installations across the globe and are looking for someone to join the group responsible for testing and ensuring quality of desktop based software products.
As the voice of the customer this role involves assessing the quality of complex GUI features that manage IP video. This requires a thorough and methodical approach in design, development and execution of manual tests. We are a highly collaborative team and look to our engineers to catch bugs early in the development lifecycle, provide feedback on usability as a customer and help shape the direction of features and in turn the product.
- Strong experience in defining, scoping and running manual tests for a complex GUI based desktop application.
- Able to analyse test results and provide recommendations on product direction.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to other engineers within a project team.
- Experience in setting up test environments, including simple networking and basic PC administration.
- Passionate about ensuring the quality of a wide range of software products
- Keen to work as part of a collaborative agile team
- Some exposure or interest in any of the following:
- Network communication protocols such as SOAP, HTTP, REST, ONVIF
- Video streaming technologies such as RTSP, RTP, RTCP
- OSI layers and IPv4 networks
- Test tools such as TestLink and Bugzilla
- Protocol analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Scripting and test automation.
As an Engineering Team, we value:
We design and develop in collaboration and all code is peer-reviewed prior to check-in. We work in cross-disciplinary feature teams to deliver an integrated system.
We focus on delivering high quality software to our customers. We strive to catch bugs early by writing unit tests, automating where possible, and using continuous integration.
We continuously adapt to changing business requirements and understanding. Our release train departs three times a year and unlike real trains we always depart on time.
We thrive on answering questions and mentoring junior engineers.
We come from a wide range of backgrounds in education, work history and culture, and value the differences.
The position will be based at the IndigoVision Head Office in Edinburgh, UK.
Excellent and relevant first degree (e.g. First or 2:1 Engineering or Science) or experience equivalent.
5+ year’s relevant experience