Reduce incident response times with an intuitive interface that supports your decision-making process
Improve the consistency and effectiveness of your team’s responses with better insights gained from all connected safety and security systems
Operational control where you need it most
Compass brings together insights from your different security and safety systems so your teams can better respond with preconfigured and customized SOPs
Approach audits with confidence and avoid fines with automatic reports
Effortlessly demonstrate compliance and provide auditors with evidence as incident reports are automatically generated while an operator executes a specific workflow. Audit trails enable you to quickly trace back all the actions of a given operator, helping you detect procedural errors, areas for improvement and ineffective use of the platform.
Monitor and improve your KPIs and make data-driven decisions
Compass helps you remove subjectivity so that your decision-making is supported by the data and potential risks identified before they become a problem. For example, quickly identify why you are receiving false alarms so that cost-effective solutions can be implemented and wasted hours minimized.
Implement proactive verification routines during off-peak hours to prevent incidents
Compass remote tours are structured monitoring routines that make operators concentrate on specific areas while asking them the right questions. Remote tours can be configured for specific times or triggered randomly. Use them to check camera image quality, emergency exits, critical equipment, valuable goods, compliance with safety and other guidelines and many more use cases.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if Compass is what I need?
You will benefit from Compass if any of the below is applicable to you:
- Single-site with local control room operated
- 24/7 multi-site with centralized control room operated
- 24/7 organization already using Motorola Solutions products and wanting to manage the human risk factor in their security operations
- Outsourced control room teams with frequent or regular rotation
- Service providers working under SLAs that must be enforced
- Highly-regulated environment where SOPs must be enforced
- Security operations burdened with too many false alarms
- Need to close the loop between technical issues, false alarms and onsite maintenance teams
- Need to close the loop between staff error and training actions
- Need to improve the team’s performance and readiness with periodic drills
- Security operations where human error is frequent and costly
- Organizations where security and safety equipment is used for business operations
Will Compass support my security and safety equipment?
You can find a list of equipment already compatible with Compass here. If you do not find your equipment in this list, please contact our experts as the list of compatible equipment is always growing. Our team can develop new integration drivers to make Compass compatible with your security or safety equipment. Alternatively, you can develop that integration in your own organization because Compass has a bidirectional and encrypted Web API.
How is Compass deployed?
Compass is deployed on-premises and runs on a physical or virtual server with Windows Server 2019. Compass software is sold and installed via Motorola Solutions Certified Partners. Compass can easily be kept up-to-date by security managers with just minimal training in the platform.
How does Compass licensing work?
Compass uses a perpetual license model and a yearly Software Upgrade Plan that allows access to product upgrades and technical support.
- Single-site or multi-site (two simultaneous users included)
- Additional simultaneous users
- Integration Licenses to connect Compass to third-party systems
Per-Device Licenses (bundled):
- Motorola Solutions Video Channels (video channels coming from Avigilon ACC, IndigoVision Control Center, Pelco VX, Edesix, Vigilant), priced at 25% the cost of non-MSI video channels
- Edge Devices (non-MSI video channels, access control doors, VoIP devices, I/O Devices)
- Alarm Panels (license per physical panel)
- Building Management Data Points
Software Upgrade Plan: yearly price of 18% of all purchased Compass licenses (multi-year bundles also available at a discount).
How do I get technical support?
Please contact your Video Management Software (VMS) provider directly for technical support on Compass integration questions and assistance.